You are here
10 Things to Keep in Mind When Writing Your Resume
2. Avoid unnecessary personal detail such as age, religion, and sex.
3. Don’t write in the first person – start sentences with verbs.
4. List your career history in reverse chronological order. Don’t forget to include a short note to explain any gaps.
5. Use bullet points for achievements and responsibilities – include more detail on recent roles and less on older ones, unless they are particularly relevant to the job you are applying for.
6. List educational institutions and qualifications in reverse chronological order.
7. Include computer skills, language skills, and any relevant training.
8. Keep your hobbies and interest section short.
9. References can be provided on request – you don’t need to include their contact details on your resume.
10. Check for typos. Even if you think your resume is error-free, it’s worth asking a friend to read it through.