You are here
Account Manager - Automotive
- $14 Billion Company and $350 Million Automotive Division
- Hiring 2 Automotive Account Managers Due to High Growth
About Our Client
Our client for the Account Manager - Automotive opportunity is a division of a $14 billion publicly traded parent company. This division is $350 million in revenues and serves the major tier suppliers for the automotive market with highly innovative components for airbags, fuel pumps, solenoids, and similar products.
- Manage current designated accounts, while identifying and engaging new accounts.
- Create forecast and achieve the revenue targets for all products within the assigned territories.
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Prepare cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Establish and implement goals, objectives, strategies, and long term plans for the area.
- Collaborate with channel leadership colleagues to share best practices competitive intelligence, and successful approaches to market.
- Conduct weekly job status meetings to provide information on all current programs being launched according to TS16949 procedures.
- Relay customer PPAP requirements to the Quality Department according to TS16949 procedures.
- Conduct initial product P.O. review meetings according to TS16949 procedures.
- Leverage use of CRM tools to manage leads, results, targets and monitor engagement plans.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or related - preferred, not required)
- At least 5 years of technical sales experience Automotive OEM and Tier 1 suppliers
- Ability to explain technical products and applications
- Knowledge of metallurgy, steel and deep draw stamping preferred
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and strong presentation skills
- Efficient with Microsoft suite
- Proficient with SalesForce.com CRM
- Ability to travel 30% in the local greater Detroit area
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, company car or allowance, home office, 2-3 weeks PTO, strong opportunity for growth and management opportunities, full benefits, 401K