You are here
Account Manager - Flexible PVC
Manage all aspects of the selling process
Competitive market salary plus uncapped bonuses
About Our Client
Our client was founded in the United States in 2003 and has become one of the leading suppliers of stabilizers and lubricants for PVC throughout Central and North American markets. They have a strong technical focus, a solid financial structure globally, and a long-term focus on innovative stabilizers in order to help build a better future and market for PVC applications.
- Sell and promote products and applications to existing and potential customers within the Specialty PVC business.
- Basic understanding & background with Chemical Raw Material sales process - into diverse Market Segments.
- Manage all aspects of the selling process (budget, forecast, proposals, contracts, price, margin, etc), by reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales they will need to be able to look at the overall business growth and success when discussing sales and driving results.
- Build solid relationships at all levels of the customer's organization.
- Develop adequate technical understanding of customer's business and related applications.
- Utilize selling, technology and trouble shooting skills to identify and propose improvements to optimize customer operations and develop/implement value added solutions.
- Work closely with customer service and technical personal to ensure all customers' needs are met and that we capture the value of our offering.
- Excellent communication skills - clearly, concisely and effectively conveying strategy, customer & market information, new opportunity details, and competitive information in routine and timely prepared customer visit reports.
- Maintain communications with the business unit managers, customer service and R&D to ensure consistent flow of information from the marketplace.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5- 10 years of experience in the chemical/plastics industry. Experience in the Specialty Flexible PVC chemicals/product sales is a plus.
- Language - totally fluent in written & spoken English- Spanish would be a plus as a secondary language.
- Prior work experience in a technical or manufacturing/processing role (or both) with a leading manufacturer of formulated or compounded materials in the polymer compounding areas would be ideal.
- The position requires the individual to be a self-starter, able to function independently with moderate direction and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Travel 40% of time.
What's on Offer
Salary: depending on the experience + uncapped bonus + company car + medical and 401K matching.