You are here
Account Manager - General Motors
$20 Billion Tier 1 Supplier
Seeking an Account Manager for GM Powertrain accounts
About Our Client
Our client is a major player in the automotive space. With over $20 Billion in revenue globally, they are one of the strongest and most well respected Tier 1 suppliers in the world. They are seeking a account manager for their exhaust division. This person will be working exclusively with account in the General Motors Powertrain division. The role will act as a springboard up to Sales Manager in 1-3 years.
The Account Manager is responsible for selling into GM Powertrain and managing all aspects of the product portfolio. These include customer prospecting and development, customer relationship management, new business development, commercial management up to product launch and commercial management throughout the product lifecycle. The account manager works with a cross-functional program team led by a program manager and is the main interface with the customer purchasing organization.
The main goals and objectives of an account manager include the following:
- Build and foster an excellent business relationship primarily with the customer purchasing organization but also with multiple customer functional department personnel
- Lead quotation of new business, present and negotiate with key customer contacts in order to win new business (host RFQ kick off, set up RFQ folder, manage quote team activities, build the business plan, challenge quote team inputs to ensure competitiveness, prepare offer)
- Lead commercial aspects of all business from time of award until product launch - analyze product cost (purchasing and manufacturing cost models, direct and indirect labor, business plan updates, ECR management)
- Lead all commercial aspects of launched business throughout the product lifecycle (design and process change quotation/negotiation as well as other customer/internal requests)
- Manage profitability and cash flow (this includes strategic pricing and negotiation as well as cash collections for tooling, claims, and past due receivables)
- Manage and communicate pricing updates both internally and externally
- Analyze customer purchase orders to ensure they match with proposals and requirements
- Review customer contracts and alert management when deliverables are due
- Prepare departmental forecasts, budgets, and strategic account plans
- Be the voice of the customer
Be willing to accept responsibility for customer satisfaction and drive company performance to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field (Engineering degree preferred - Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or related)
- 3-7 years of experience in automotive sales
- Must have experience selling into Automotive OEs - preferably General Motors
- Experience with engine components - i.e. powertrain, drivetrain, axles, exhaust systems, etc
- Proven sales track record selling technical products and systems
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of work ethic and drive to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and highly organized
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, bonus, car allowance, phone, computer, full benefits, 401K, vacation paid, and internal growth opportunities.