You are here
Account Manager - Masterbatch Color Compounding
Join a growing company servicing 65% of North America's industrial manufacturers
Work in a highly established & fast-paced sales environment with strong salary
About Our Client
Since 1977, our client has been a supplier of specialty additives, resins, pigments, and packaging primarily selling to the plastics, paint & coatings, sealant & adhesives, composites, graphic arts, and rubber industries. After recent acquisitions and growth, this role is a vital hire for continued growth and development of the company and its products.
Responsibilities and summary of the role are as follows:
- Territory Gross Profit growth:
- Manage all assigned accounts within the region.
- Develop new business opportunities at acceptable gross profit margins
- Participate in Product and Sales training.
- Prompt follow-up on company and supplier provided leads.
- Liaison with Principal Supplier(s) on specific accounts within territory
- Participation in new product introductions, training, joint sales calls and testing
- Proactive communications to work synergistically with the organization
- Active participation in sales meetings, customer visits and all technical programs
- Direct reporting to the Regional Sales Manager. Indirect reporting to Executives
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree required, Technical degree preferred
- Experience selling specialty chemicals and additives to the Coatings, Adhesives, sealants and Elastomers (CASE) and Plastics Industries
- Existing customer relationships in CASE, Masterbatch and/or Plastic Compounds
- Strong understanding of market pricing, competitive landscape and has demonstrated the ability to close business
- Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, and Quality Systems training preferred
- 5-10 years technical sales, product management and/or lab experience
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary and aggressive bonus structure
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Travel reimbursement and expense account