You are here
Account Manager - Toys (Children's Watches/Clocks)
Working directly with President to manage national accounts
Company has licenses for LEGO, Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, etc.
About Our Client
Company was started 1999 to design and produce branded as well as private label timepieces. Today, our design and engineering departments operate in an array of product fields from everyday consumer products to fashion whilst maintaining focus on our core business of watches and clocks.
Our products are a mixture of our own brands, licensed products and private label. We are the exclusive global licensee for LEGO® watches and clocks, Star Wars™ and MARVEL watches and clocks, as well as Nickelodeon and Universal clocks
We have distribution throughout over 8,000 retail outlets in North America as well as over 20 countries on 4 continents; primarily on a direct basis but also supplemented by the efforts of selected distributors. Our company and brands are recognized globally with some of today's most important retailers and distributors. We pride ourselves on manufacturing high quality, reliable and ethical products in several different markets.
We have offices in Hong Kong, the US and the UK operating in manufacturing and sales respectively. These offices form an effective operation network which delivers quality products from design to manufacture efficiently and economically for distribution to our customers around the globe.
You will be fully responsible for building on the strong existing relationships, identifying growth opportunities, be aware of market trends and competitor activity, provide accurate forecasting, ensure first class customer service levels are being delivered and increasing the overall sales and profit within your accounts.
- Generate new business with major retailers.
- Develop account growth plans to grow existing retail/distributor accounts.
- Establish, build, and maintain strong relationships with a wide variety of retail partners.
- Identify, research, and develop well considered plans for new target accounts and proactively pursue these opportunities to bring incremental and sustainable revenue to the company.
- Influence customers to grow sales through joint business planning of win-win solutions - improved ranges, better merchandising, efficient and effective trade support, and managing stock levels.
- Track account execution of planograms, in-stock levels, shelf pricing, promotion execution, and work with accounts to correct any issues.
- Be an active and integral part of the broader team, sharing learnings, collaborating on cross-country accounts, and strive for continuous improvement in approaches.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts while considering account trends, seasonality, and promotion windows.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in key customer accounts.
- Analyze sales data to determine trends and make promotional adjustments.
- Manage large to midsize distributor relationships.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience in sales within the CPG industry required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Successful applicants will need to possess recent National Accounts experience in selling consumer goods (toys preferred) into major retailers.
- Demonstrable sales track record in developing growth with new and existing accounts.
- Experience - needs to demonstrate relevant experience in consumer sales, account management or business development; toy industry experience and/or CPG industry experience a plus.
- Track record - successful and demonstrable track record of sales achievement
- Highly Analytical - needs to have good analytical, computer, and problem solving skills.
- Autonomous - must be detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to influence people with strong presentation skills.
- Flexibility - the ability to think flexibly, pro-actively solve problems and find solutions is critical.
- Time management - must be able to work at a fast pace to manage existing accounts and develop new accounts at the same time.
- An ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Ability to travel frequently
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, commission structure, and bonus.