You are here
Account Receivable / Billing Specialist
Growing Social Service Organization
Great growth opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a fast growing social service organization in Midtown Manhattan. This social service organization has revenues that exceed $200M and are fast approaching $300M. The organization provides services to the most at risk New Yorkers.
- Perform accounts receivable transaction processing tasks including cash receipts postings to related subsidiary and control account ledgers.
- Analyze and prepare related reports as called upon.
- Input and verify the completeness of SSI billing for MH against the monthly MH client roster received from the field.
- Update cash receipts journal and process corresponding receivable credits and cash bash revenues.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Complete arithmetical calculations and verify computations.
- Maintain accounting record files as directed.
- Perform data entry and prepare excel reports.
- Type correspondence; receive and sort mail.
- Reconcile Exchange Account on monthly basis.
- Interact with clients and other departments when needed via phone or in person.
The Successful Applicant
- AA Degree in accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Two to three years of general clerical experience with emphasis in bookkeeping or accounting, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Clinic, Medicaid, or Commercial insurance billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of methods and practices of bookkeeping and financial record keeping.
- Ability to perform moderately complex accounting functions and to utilize spreadsheets, and word processing software; Advanced knowledge of Windows 9x, including MS/Word & Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Yardi
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience