You are here
Accountant - Construction
Growing Construction and Development Company
Yardi Software Experience Preferred
About Our Client
The Accountant - Construction will work for a Construction and Development company that develops brand new industrial, retail, residential and mised use projects. The Company itself is located in Baltimore, MD and has a strong emphasis
- Generate timely and accurate monthly job cost performance reports to be distributed to project managers.
- Review and submit monthly owner draw requests with knowledge of G702 & G703 AIA billing applications.
- Review and adjust job budgets and expense categories regularly for new contracts and change orders.
- Review and process accounts payables to ensure proper coding and appropriate backup is included.
- Process accounts receivable, including preparation of monthly draw requests and monitor timely collection.
- Communicate with Treasury Department the financial status and anticipated cash flow requirements of projects.
- Collaborate with Finance Department and provide necessary financial reports for Partnerships.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including job cost reports, reconcile jobs to general ledger.
- Prepare monthly journal entries with maintain backup schedules, as necessary, for documentation of entries.
- Maintain and review depreciation schedules. Complete input forms and ensure integrity between general ledger and fixed asset system.
- Prepare schedules or reports, as needed, for external/internal audits, tax department and legal department.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree.
- Construction or property background preferred.
- Microsoft Excel software experience.
- Construction software experience preferred; Yardi desirable.
What's on Offer
The Accountant - Constructon will enjoy the a strong base salary, bonus eligibility, 401K plan, health insurance coverage and the ability to grow their accounting and finance career within a reputable company. If you are interested in the Accountant - Construction position please apply below.