You are here
Accountant - Construction
Get trained by the Specialist Construction CFO
QuickBooks experience preferred, Construction experience essential
About Our Client
The Accountant - Construction will work for a Construction company in Wellesley, MA. This business also has a satellite office close to the City of Boston, MA. The company have recently hired a new CFO who is an expert in the Construction Accounting industry so if you are looking to learn from one of the best in the industry we fully recommend applying. The accounting team are growing with a Project Accountant joining the team earlier this year and they are looking to expand. If you are interested in this Accountant - Construction position that includes both accounts payable/ billing responsibilities and project accounting tasks please apply.
- Process pay applications through AIA, monitor and collect Accounts Receivable
- Requires working knowledge of lien process - NOC's, NTO's, lien releases
- Maintain Notice to Owner Log
- Run Aging reports and provide to the CFO every week with updates
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Processing mail, copying, scanning, faxing, word processing, filing and file maintenance
- Must be comfortable answering phones and solving issues with the field and suppliers
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the CFO
- Set-up and enter new vendors, track receipt of W9 forms and proof of liability insurance
- Experience with bank reconciliations a plus
- Notary of Public with a current commission (or ability to obtain)
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree
- Construction Accounting - AP and AR Industry Experience Essential.
- Construction Accounting Software or QuickBooks preferred.
What's on Offer
The Accountant - Construction will enjoy a base salary, bonus eligibility, 401K plan, health insurance and PTO. The Accountant - Construction will most importantly learn new skills from the CFO and grow their accounting career and skill set at the business. If you are interested, please apply.