You are here
Accountant - Construction
Timberline Sage 300 Software Experience Highly Preferred
Construction Accounting Background - At CPA Firm or Construction Company
About Our Client
The Accountant - Construction will work for a Large General Contractor in Burlington, MA. The company encourage career progression and accounting training. The position reports to the CFO of the business and the company uses a Timberline software accounting system to run the business - if you have Timberline Software experience this will definitely be of benefit to you and the potential employer. The client have different types of projects with a pipeline that lasts for multiple years into the future. If you are interested, please apply.
- Provides financial leadership for project-based construction operations.
- Coordinates with internal and external project team, including the Client and Architect, to develop parameters for financial management, record-keeping and reporting.
- Establishes accounting and internal control systems, practices and procedures to assure contractually compliant and legal project accounting.
- Produces accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with Company policies, team-set requirements and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepares project operating plans and forecasts along with quantitative and qualitative variance analysis for Project Executives and Managers.
- Prepares financial reporting for inclusion in construction progress reports.
- Coordinates with Company Project Executives, Managers and Superintendents; Subcontractor Management; and other parties to assure continuous compliance with financial components of the Prime Contract and subcontracts.
- Identifies and informs Company Project Executives and Senior Management of financial issues and consults with appropriate parties to resolve same.
- Project and Accounting Staff Management Support
- Supervises the work of assigned project accounting staff.
- Assists the Financial Controller and external auditors in preparing the annual Company audited financial statement.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration
- Construction Accounting Experience essential - either working for a construction company or an audit firm that audits construction clients.
- Timberline software experience preferred.
- Project accounting, AP, AR, billing experience preferred.
What's on Offer
The Accountant - Construction will enjoy the opportunity to work directly with the CFO of a multi-hundred million dollar general contractor located in Burlington, MA. The Accountant - Construction will get a base salary, bonus, 401K plan, health insurance, PTO and training. If you are interested, please apply.