You are here
Accountant - Legal Entity Controller
Fantastic opportunity for candidates with 3-7 years experience
Great opportunity for public candidates to move to private sector
About Our Client
A leading Financial and Banking firm, centrally located in midtown, New York. Great opportunity to grow and expand in your career.
- Interaction with SEC reporting, Corporate Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Product Control, Treasury and Cash Management in order to ensure proper accounting.
- Responsible for month-end close process and journal entries associated with investing activities, financing activities, consolidation of subsidiaries, expense accruals, intercompany activities and income taxes.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for external financial reporting in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Perform the monthly balance sheet substantiation, evaluate adequacy of expense accruals, resolving issues, and escalate key items to management timely.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analytical reporting including commentary on balance sheet and P&L variances.
- Initiate process reengineering, improve efficiency, and work with IT on improving systems.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required
- 3-7 years of related experience, ideally in the financial accounting group of a broker dealer or prime brokerage firm
- Advanced analytical and Excel capabilities, project management skills, and ability to multitask
- Critical thinking, team oriented views, attention to detail, communication skills, business writing and project management
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity for candidates looking to make their next career opportunity. Great base and benefits.