You are here
Accountant - Manufacturing
- Report directly to the CFO of an expanding Manufacturing Company
- Detailed Experience in Accounting
About Our Client
The Accountant - Manufacturing will work for a Food and Produce Manufacturer located in Boston, MA. It is a growing company that is expanding their accounting and finance team. The Manufacturing Company also distributes their products to large scale grocery chains and wholesale stores.
- Assist all aspects of month-end close relating to cost of goods sold and inventory.
- Maintain the overall integrity of inventory and associated reserves.
- Support Manufacturing and Purchasing with in-depth variance analysis on a weekly basis.
- Forecast and monitor utilization, efficiency and labor & overhead applied.
- Support the Controller and CFO
- Work across different accounting functions
- Calculate annual labor and overhead rates (explain fluctuations/ variances).
- Responsible for managing the inventory.
- Assist with reconciliations
- Responsible for preparing standard monthly journal entries and maintain monthly reconciliations.
- Assist and coordinate cost updates/ costing of new products.
- Support decisions on make versus buy decisions and utilization of contract manufacturers.
- Assist with audits.
- Accounting and budgeting for internal and funded R&D efforts.
- Additional ad-hoc responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree
- Accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Cost Accounting background is a plus
- Strong Accounting knowledge and good communication skills required.
- Comfortable working in across disciplines of accounting
- Advanced in Excel
- Personable and friendly
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary base
- Company perks
- Easy commute to the heart of Boston
- Work for an expanding company