You are here
Accountant - Real Estate
One of Chicago's fastest growing real estate companies are hiring!
Previous experience working within real estate or construction required.
About Our Client
Without any formal real estate background, our client built a business that quickly became well-known in Chicago. They thrived on the diversity and different perspectives that comes out of other industries and have created a company that not only does remarkably well, but a culture that fosters new thinking, innovation, and success. Starting out on the investment end, they now also manage and lease out apartments all around Chicago and most recently opened up a construction arm of the business. Their vision is to create a 365 degree real estate company that not only manages every aspect of real estate, but delivers results with an outstanding level of service.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly applications for payment on AIA-approved payment request forms
- Manage and communicate cash flow of all active projects to senior management
- Collect and reviews project subcontractor/supplier lien waivers
- Monitor working capital requirements for all projects
- Enter and maintain change order documentation
- Record cost transfers in accounting software
- Perform final accounting for all construction projects and handle warranty payments / collections
- Participate in project review meetings and visit job sites as necessary
- Monitor and follow up on accounts receivable
- Manage subcontractor payment distribution
- Review owner contracts to ensure all terms and requirements are being met
- Contribute to accounting team meetings with knowledge sharing and process improvement ideas
- Ensure proper payments to all subcontractors and major suppliers.
- Monitor project revenue and assist the project managers in resolving variances
- Process real estate commission payments bi-weekly through our online commission invoicing system
- Prepare checks to external real estate brokers for cooperative payments
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous construction experience required (2-5 years+)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills, efficiency, and attention to details is critical
- Must be a self-starter that can independently take a project from start to finish without continuous oversight
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft programs (Excel)
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
What's on Offer
- Engaging and tightly knit company culture
- Autonomous job - work both independently and as part of a team
- Career growth opportunities, as the company grows - so can you!