You are here
- Accountant (temp-perm)
- Accountant (Temp-perm)
About Our Client
Our client is a non-profit organization located in midtown Manhattan.
- Recording of Dues, FRD and programmatic revenue from all sources/platforms into the general ledger.
- Prepare a daily cash report showing the book balances (adjusted bank balances) on all bank accounts.
- Input all payments into the Dues data base and update all financial information on congregation records.
- Prepare daily deposits and maintain proper deposit documentation to facilitate a smooth and efficient annual audit
- Prepare routine journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and general ledger account analyses.
- Ensure subsidiary ledgers support general ledger balances- Regpack, Raisers Edge and Dues data base.
- Prepare monthly A/R and A/P reconciliations
- Assist in the completion of the annual audit
- Financial analyses and special projects as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and F9 or similar programs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages. Ideally have experience in Financial Edge.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of complexity.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or 3+ years accounting/finance experience.
- Experience with a non-profit organization and fund accounting.
What's on Offer
Attractive hourly rate, temp-perm and growth opportunity.