You are here
A chance to work in the Fashion industry!
An opportunity to advance in your Accounting career.
About Our Client
My client has been in business since 1989 and has continued thrive.
The ideal candidate for this Accountant position will be able to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for general ledger and account reconciliations.
- Reviews accounts to ensure accuracy of postings.
- Follows up and resolves reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Responsible for month end journals - predominantly accruals and prepayments.
- Assists with month end reporting.
- Responsible for state and federal tax filing compliance.
- Maintains the Fixed Asset Register.
- Oversees the Accounts Payable Specialist and reviews weekly payment runs.
- Responsible for bank reconciliations and till variances including liaising with store staff.
- Responsible for daily cash flow updates.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries..
- Other ad-hoc duties/projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate for this Accountant position will meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 years of Finance or Accounting experience, retail environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting and be CPA qualified or studying towards it.
- Proven experience around statutory reporting and management accounting.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with a strong emphasis in Excel.
- Experience with an ERP software preferred.
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines and understand and respond to changing work priorities.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Effective communication skills.
What's on Offer
$65,000 to $75,000 depending on experience.