You are here
Industry leader seeking full time accounting professional
An exciting growth opportunity available in Philadelphia, PA
About Our Client
This confidential company is an industry leading and innovative manufacturing plant in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Processing accounts receivable invoicing and incoming payments in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients' billing issues
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- 1099 maintenance
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax filings
- Reconcile payroll taxes to the general ledger and book journal entries
- Reconcile Payroll reports to 941s and W-2s
The Successful Applicant
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger systems and procedures and financial chart of accounts.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits