You are here
Accounting and Finance Manager
- Advertising agency in NYC is seeking an Accounting and Finance Manager
- Incredible opportunity with growing agency
About Our Client
Growing agency in New York City is seeking an Accounting and Finance Manager.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reporting packages, including P&L, balance sheet and associated schedules, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial information in accordance with company and network policies.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation workbooks upon completion of reporting packages.
- Oversee and monitor all entries to the general ledger.
- Review and approve all AP invoices and employee expense reports.
- Supervise the Staff Accountant with managing fixed assets and prepaid expenses in FAS program and processing journal entries for assigned business units.
- Monitor and maintain internal controls to ensure accounting process reflects best practices and meets regulatory requirements.
- Assist Corporate Finance department with audits and Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
- Assist in ad hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- Primary advisor to Controller on all accounting matters.
The Successful Applicant
Ideal Accounting and Finance Manager will have:
- Bachelor's degree; Accounting major highly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years of general accounting experience, with advertising / marketing or cost accounting experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of leadership experience
- Advanced accounting knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities, able to multi-task while processing journals and reporting for multiple business units.
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and a strong team player.
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- PeopleSoft knowledge helpful, but not required.
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience