You are here
Accounting Business Analyst
Top Financial Services Firm
New York, NY
About Our Client
Leading Financial Services Comapny
He/She is managing several projects aiming at:
- Defining operational accounting schemas throughout product lifecycle for new products, businesses, source systems and/or new accounting standards
- Coordinate alignment of the General Ledger's accounting schemas across common products with Head Office
- Implementing regulatory reporting and maintaining quality of the data
He/She also supports Finances end users and address functional and technical issues/questions. Position requires a full transversal overview of the trade workflow from the input to the generation of posting entries in the ledger.
He/She centralizes the user requests; coordinates with New York and Paris Head Office Business Analysts and IT teams; liaises with support functions to ensure all impacts are properly identified.
The Successful Applicant
For all that relates to accounting and Financial statements:
Project Management / Business Analysis:
- Provide expertize and analysis, based on knowledge of industry and technology trends
- Identify pain points and propose/implement solutions for improving workflows and efficiency
- Definition with Finances and end-users of project priorities
- Project scoping and planning, progress reporting, identification and management of issues/risks and communications.
- Close collaboration with the user representatives to determine business requirements, including the identification of any potential issue or functional omissions; define and document the business requirements.
- Write detailed functional specifications for IT development teams
- Development of user test cases and validate test results during user acceptance testing, training with end-users. Coordinate the go live and ensure proper system behaviour.
What's on Offer
- Minimum 7 years' experience in business analysis functions in Financial industry and especially
- Must be familiar with a large scale of products traded on global market, equities and financing
- Good IT knowledge, the successful candidate must be able to write and execute SQL queries and read/understand a script.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, with strong attention to detail and ability to provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Experience with vendor systems such as Summit and/or Reg-Reporter would be appreciated
Trade entry system.