You are here
Accounting Controls, Manager
USD120,000 - USD140,000
Internal Controls Lead
About Our Client
- Perform technical accounting research, including the documentation and communication of accounting implications.
- Document conclusions on executed transactions in accounting position papers
- Support the evaluation, documentation, communication and implementation of new accounting requirements (i.e. revenue recognition and leasing)
- Document and maintain the global accounting policies including maintaining and updating database of company-wide accounting policies
- Key contributor in corporate accounting group and maintaining effective internal controls and procedures
- Collaborate with the internal audit group to ensure sound internal controls, in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
- Involvement in the purchase accounting, valuation assumptions and integration of newly acquired companies
- Collaborate with business segments and prepare analysis and documentation around goodwill and long-lived assets
- Involvement in the review of monthly and quarterly reporting packages and ensuring compliance with GAAP and accounting policies.
- Stock compensation and Pension Plan Accounting and evaluation of assumptions
- Periodic balance sheet reviews of business segments to ensure GAAP compliance and company policy compliance
- Interact with external auditors on annual audits and quarterly reviews on accounting matters
- Assistance in the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC reporting.
- Key contributor in continuous improvement projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting/auditing experience.
- Experience auditing and/or within public manufacturing companies
- Experience in evaluating, researching and documenting accounting positions
- Ability to work through multiple work-streams in a time sensitive environment
- Work extend hours as needed and ability to travel periodically
What's on Offer