You are here
Accounting Manager - Construction
- Family Owned Construction Firm - Retail, Office Space and Warehouse
- In charge of all Accounting and Office Management
About Our Client
Family Owned Construction and Building Company located in Rockville, MD. The Accounting Manager - Construction will work closely with Project Managers on site and other Accounting and Finance Professionals within the company.
- Support the President, Group Leader and the needs of the entire Group Including the Project Managers.
- Bookkeeping duties including Payroll, A/R, A/P, reconciliations and job costing
- Keep contacts updated for Group President/Group Leader and Project Managers.
- Ensure that Cash Flow Reports and Aging Reports are distributed to Group President, Group Leader, and Project Managers.
- Establish and maintain files, records and database (i.e., schedule, management reports).
- Assist with financial operations: review, prepare, and monitor contract documents; compile data for budgets and personal expense reconciliations, etc.
- Compose, type, format and edit internal and external correspondence, including agreements and proposals.
- Review all project contract documentation to identify project risk and cost concerns
- Mitigate project risk/cost through implementation of contract amendments, clarifications, and exceptions
- Execute contracts through procurement of required company signatures
- Evaluate performance/payment bond requests and certificates of insurance (provided by third party) for projects
- Manage other required project documentation in conjunction with internal office resources and corporate legal department
- Verify contract compliance.
- Material price lists, labor costs per man hour, equipment, etc.
- Assist with obtaining scopes of work and pricing from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist in closing bids.
- Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
- Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data.
- Various Human Resources responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree.
- Construction Accounting Experience Preferred.
- Managerial Experience Required.
- Construction Related Construction Software Essential.
- Ability to interact with Estimators, Supers and Project Managers.
What's on Offer
The Accounting Manager - Construction will enjoy a competitive base salary, bonus structure, 401K plan and health insurance. In addition to the PTO time granted, the Accounting Manager - Construction will be a key part of this multi-generation owned construction company. If you are interested, please apply below.