You are here
Accounting Manager - Global Consumer Products
- Publicly-Traded International Consumer Goods Conglomerate
- Looking for Accounting Manager, CPA, Public-Private, 7-10 Years Experience
About Our Client
Publicly-traded global consumer goods manufacturing and wholesale organization, based in Midtown.
- Annual External Financial Statement preparation
- Assists in the preparation of and for reviewing the integrity of the company's external financial statements.
- Review and analyze the consolidated Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, Statement of Stockholders Equity and Footnotes are accurate and complete.
- Responsible for leading the corporate HFM mapping and reconciliation of the subsidiary financial statement process and ensure that the classifications are appropriate.
- Assist and manage the external quarterly clearance and the annual audit processes: Prepare necessary supporting work papers, schedules and documents. Coordinate with the Divisional Accounting teams in obtaining supporting documents. Coordinate with the CFOs of the various subsidiaries to ensure their respective audits are completed on schedule.
- Prepare monthly IFRS based HFM financial statements including balance sheet and income statement.
- Assist in preparing annual IFRS financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and disclosure footnotes in accordance with IFRS standards / requirements.
- Assist in the quarterly IFRS Audit process.
- Implements and enforces business specific internal financial controls, accounting policies and procedures and related processes for the transaction accounting and consolidation process. Liaises with the SOX team and facilitates the related accounting control change management process. Assists in SOX testing and other on-site reviews at the subsidiaries.
- Responsible for the SAP financial closing and HFM consolidation of the assigned division's books in accordance with US GAAP including appropriate account accruals, review and balance verification. Responsible for preparing the business divisions financial and management accounting reports and related financial analysis.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate should have 7-10 years of relevant experience (including at least 3+ years of public experience).
- Professional accounting certification (CPA) is required.
- Individual should possess strong interpersonal and analytical skills and an advanced knowledge of accounting is required.
- Experience in wholesale, import/export or distribution organizations is preferred.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits