You are here
Seeking a strong Accounting Manager
Excellent opportunity for large nonprofit organization in NYC
About Our Client
Our client is located in Manhattan.
- Supervision and leadership of the Senior and Junior Accountant.
- Responsible for regular monitoring of all general ledger activity, including investigating any and all concerns.
- Process investment accounting transactions and monitor investment guidelines.
- Work with investment managers and the board's Investment Committee.
- Review reports from investment managers and reconcile reports to general ledger.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Monitor and advise on cash management, including financial forecasting.
- Manage and review monthly accounting closing schedule.
- Oversee and manage annual financial audit.
- Adjust market values of securities on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparation of IRS Form 990 in coordination with external auditors.
- File government information returns, including W2s, 1099s, and 1042s.
- Regular monitoring and review for accuracy of accounts payable transactions. Release EFT payments through the financial institution portal.
- Work with program staff on any related Finance Department issues and concerns.
- Troubleshoot issues related to day-to-day operations.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum BA/BS degree in finance or accounting.
- At least eight years of accounting experience in a nonprofit environment, with 3-5 years of managerial experience required.
- Proven experience with investment accounting operations, and fund and program accounting practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial reporting and audit support.
- Knowledge of the methodology of calculating investment performance preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and respond flexibly to changing demands.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and very strong attention to detail.
- Experience with fund accounting software, such as MIP or a similar fund accounting product.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot table, Vlookup), Word, and Outlook.
What's on Offer
Attractive hourly rate, and excellent growth opportunities. Temp-perm postion.