You are here
- Media Subsidiary looking to add on an Accounting Manager!
- CPA highly desirable!
About Our Client
Media Subsidiary, part of a large organization, is looking to add on an Accounting Manager for their office in New York!
As the Accounting Manager, managing a team of 3, you will be responsible for:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit and quarterly reviews.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of revenues and expenses.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and procedures.
- Supports annual budget and monthly forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department members to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work flow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
The Successful Applicant
As the Accounting Manager, your background will consist of:
- 5 - 7 prior experience (with supervisory experience) in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience working in a public accounting professional services firm is desired.
- Experience working in a private company is also desired.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a high performance setting.
- Advance computer skills using MS Office and accounting software.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
What's on Offer
Excellent Base Salary + Bonus