You are here
San Luis Obispo
USD98,000 - USD105,000
- Great Accounting Manager Role in San Luis Obispo
- Must have a good skill set in accounting and eager for a new challenge.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the safety industry with over 60 staff currently working in their offices based in San Luis Obispo.
- Coordinate monthly close with others to ensure timely preparation and issuance of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and provide variance analysis vs. budget and forecast. Complete by second business day to review with Controller.
- Responsible for timely entering of monthly and quarterly Financials, projects, and Tax figures into Corporate reporting software;
- Prepare quarterly Inventory Grading and A/R reserve calculations for all Companies.
- Oversee inventory standard costing.
- Perform monthly Variable Margin analysis on sales and costs and communicates variances to Management; bank reconciliation, Intercompany payment and reconciliations.
- Responsible for Quarterly profitability studies for top customers.
- Responsible of A/P and A/R operations
- Provide financial support on new product development and commercialization by developing the financial business plan that includes the following: 1.) make vs. buy decision, product costing, pricing, marketing plan. Track new product performance to plan after launch.
- Responsible for the following for all new products and raw components
- Review item master set up for accuracy
- Location set up
- Review Bill of Materials
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing groups to provide ad hoc analysis.
- Monitor, track and help manage Sales Discounts, Allowance and Promotional spending with key retailers by working closely with Sales. Develop pre- and post-promotional analysis for significant programs with key retailers and new product launches to determine profitability and break-even for the Sales and Marketing groups. Present analysis for Controller review.
- Assist Divisional controller in internal or external audit.
- File related tax returns timely, including but not limited to, sales and use tax return, property tax return, etc.
- Run timely daily sales report and distribute to authorized parties.
- Business Partner to all leadership members about finance related topics
- Manage a group of 2 finance professionals that support all finance processes
- Other responsibilities as directed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited university or institution, MBA desirable
- 5 -10 years of solid accounting experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Accounting Systems, Excel and Word.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Experience with ERP software preferred
- Management experience required
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Develop and management of finance team
- Must be able to commute to San Luis Obispo
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary and Benefits.