You are here
Hedge Fund - Industry Leading Products
Outstanding Team - High Quality Ex Big 4 Director/Mentor
About Our Client
Our client is an established Hedge Fund and Asset Manager with operations worldwide, but operations HQ in Chicago. They are an impressive group with a quality of staff not surpassed in the market. This commitment to talent means they are at the cutting edge of all new financial concepts and product development. As a result the company is stimulating and drives people to think differently and by design allows them to progress in technical and operations ways much quicker than a more transitional shop.
- Oversee monthly calculations of guarantee, discretionary and performance-based compensation accruals (including inputs, control checks and reconciliations)
- Design complex front office performance-based bonus models for accrual calculations
- Analytically review guarantee, discretionary and performance-based compensation accruals
- Create and present reporting to front office business leads on a quarterly basis
- Manage the accounting team's year-end compensation process, including compensation estimates, final accruals and year-end reconciliations of payments to the general ledger
- Coordinate year-end audit testing of compensation accruals
- Assist in the design and implementation of a new compensation system
- Extensive interaction and coordination with Compensation department
- Participate in special projects as they arise
The Successful Applicant
- Degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Six plus years' experience
- CPA with Big 4 background preferred but not essential
- Strong commercial acumen/business partnering
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (required), including: the ability to create and utilize v-lookups, pivot tables, and other complex formulas.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, high energy level, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and impeccable integrity
What's on Offer
This role has great visibility within the company and has a salary of $100,000 - $140,000 + 15% Bonus.