You are here
12.5 Million Dollar Organization
Seeking Accounting Manager Ready to Tackle a Complex Department
About Our Client
12.5 Million Dollar Religious Institution with a complex stream of revenue is looking for an Accounting Manager to be the Director of Finance and Revenue's right hand.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, periodic inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general and entity accounting and cost accounting.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Work with Director of Finance and Revenue in overseeing accounting controls; develop financial policies and procedures; communicate policies and procedures to all organization staff; ensure that controls and policies and procedures are consistent with U.S. GAAP.
- Responsible for all internal reporting for the organization and its consolidated entities; understand the chart of accounts, general ledger account roll-up to financial statements and footnotes and how they relate.
- Conduct the monthly review and analysis of general ledger accounts, including detailed analyses of balance sheet accounts; maintain and store monthly account analyses and reconciliations in a binder and/or shared drive(s) to prepare each monthly closing for the annual external audit in order to keep year-end audit preparations to a minimum; maintain an updated list of each month of all balance sheet accounts and key revenue and expense accounts needing monthly analysis updates and ensures all such accounts and any new ones are assigned to staff for monthly analyses and reconciliations.
- Plan the year-end audit; coordinate the data gathering required for the external auditors; conduct audit preparation projects including serving as point of contact for all audit schedules to be supplied; maintaining master file of all schedules; responding to auditor's requests for information and inquiries; and preparing the audited financial statements and notes thereto.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Administers and tracks the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines while ensuring proper and timely reporting of all investment/endowment activity.
- Maintains adequate staffing in Finance by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Works to develop finance staff by coaching, counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be the backup for a payroll administrator in preparing the payroll.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in Accounting
- Master's Degree in Business or Finance preferred
- Mandatory proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics - Great Plans (GP)
- Proficient in Fixed Assets, Purchasing, Accounts Receivable, Budgeting
- Management experience with a non-for-profit organization preferred
- Management Reporter, Raisers Edge, ADP, Excel (with Pivot Tables) and Power Point
- Experienced with reporting and budgeting for private and government grants
- Excellent problem solver
- Good organizational, interpersonal, collaborative and teaching skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Possess comprehensive and very strong knowledge of all systems used by the Finance department. Use such systems effectively and efficiently and ensures others are trained to do the same.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage people/teams in a changing environment to deliver value added results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and persuade others to accomplish challenging goals & objectives.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits