You are here
A chance to work for a well known company in the fashion retail industry.
An opportunity to join a well established company.
About Our Client
Our client in Irvine, CA is a well known company in the fashion retail industry.
The ideal candidate for this Accounting Manager position will be able to perform the following key responsibilities and essential functions:
- Support and execute the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Understands the functional aspects and data management tools of SAP necessary to operate at all levels within area of responsibility.
- Create and document written processes and procedures.
- Manage and direct all of company's system of accounts and keep books and records on all company transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with ABL-related requirements, management of cash flow and with the administration and analysis programs such as insurance and foreign currency purchases.
- Develop and maintain internal controls to ensure financial statements are processed accurately.
- Hire, train and retain competent accounting team members.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Proficient at tracking budget expenses, analyzing detailed Information, broad accounting knowledge and focus on vendor relationships.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate for this Accounting Manager position will have the following skills and abilities:
- Applicant must have complete knowledge of all accounting processes
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Ability to interact with variety of personnel.
- Excellent organization & prioritization skills are a must.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills. Display leadership and team-building skills, self-confidence, motivation, and decisiveness.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and direct the accounting group's efforts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy & timeliness.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently within deadlines.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The right candidate for this Accounting position will meet the following education and training requirements:
- BS in Accounting or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, primarily Excel & Word is a must.
- Experience using SAP.
What's on Offer
$95,000 to $105,000