You are here
About Our Client
Our client is looking for Manager of Accounting.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, assistance with tax and regulatory reporting and the support of budget and forecast ensures compliance to GAAP, and NHF's accounting policies and procedures. Areas of support will also include planning and monitoring of cash flow. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Analyzes, ensures accuracy and submits monthly and quarterly financial reports with analytical support to the Controller for review.
- Analyzes various General Ledger and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepares leading schedules and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assists the Controller in managing all tax and regulatory reporting requirements (i.e. 990, 990T, NY CT-13).
- Oversees the financial analysis for the assigned grants and contracts.
- Assists the Controller to develop policies and procedures that improve the effectiveness of internal controls.
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS in accounting or finance, master degree or CPA is a plus.
- 5+ years accounting experience required including supervision, financial reporting, computerized G/L systems; account analysis and reporting for non-profit organizations is a plus.
- Attention to details and accuracy, planning and organizing, information and task monitoring, problem analysis.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines is required.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, advance accounting procedures and principles, attention to details a MUST.
What's on Offer
Temp-hire and growth opportunities