You are here
Family owned wholesale CPG company in Soho, New York, needing Accounting Manager
Accounting Manager,Soho,New York,CPG,Consumer Goods,Accounting
About Our Client
Up and coming family owned wholesale company that has newly opened offices in the SoHo area. Offices are newly renovated and host a variety of leisure spaces including ping pong tables and a Friday beer tap.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Ten key by touch required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
What's on Offer
- Competitive starting salary rate
- Health Welfare Program (Medical/Dental Insurance)
- 401 K Plan (with a company match)
- AD&D & Life Insurance
- EAP Program
- Summer Hours
- Paid vacation time
- Weekly Office Events