You are here
Manhattan, New York based company seeking Accounting Manager for CPG industry
Manhattan,New York,Accounting Manager,CPG, Consumer Goods
About Our Client
New York based company specializing in Footwear, occupying both retail space as well as an E-commerce presence. Offices are bright and spacious, promoting teamwork and collaboration across departments. Company has consistent YOY Growth, and shows no signs of slowing. Looking to build their team with the best and brightest that want to build the business to new heights!
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Ten key by touch required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
What's on Offer
401K plan, health/dental/vision plan, competitive salary, career advancement opportunities, gym membership discounts and discounts on company products, generous vacation and calendar holidays.