You are here
Publicly traded organization with significant growth plans
Looking for a CPA to lead their corporate accounting group
About Our Client
- Manage the month-end/quarter-end/year-end close activities. Review journal entries, account reconciliations, roll-forwards, P&L and balance sheet flux and variance analysis, etc.
- Oversight of global accounting processes, which may include fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accruals, company-wide bonus/incentive plan accruals, payroll, fringe benefits (health insurance, leave programs, retirements, etc.), legal reserves and various operating expense accruals.
- Work with various cross-functional teams (e.g. FP&A, Treasury, Tax, HR Operations, Compensation, Legal) to ensure accurate and timely accounting and financial disclosures. Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- Interface with external auditors and SOX teams related to the corporate accounting and financial reporting.
- Identify opportunities and champion process improvement efforts to drive efficiency and effectiveness within the corporate accounting functions. Partner with cross-functional teams to enhance the internal control environment and simplify and streamline end-to-end processes.
- Work on other special projects in Corporate Controllership involving accounting systems, data integrity, general ledger reporting and optimization, and other compliance issues, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 8 years of relevant accounting and finance management experience; proficient in US GAAP and relevant accounting and financial reporting matters. Working knowledge of IFRS a plus.
- "Big 4" public accounting experiences preferred
- Financial systems knowledge and expertise with core financial/accounting applications (e.g. SAP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate ideas and plans clearly and effectively with internal and external audiences
- Good teamwork skills to build collaborative and win/win relationships
- Ability to independently and simultaneously manage various tasks and projects and work under deadlines
- CPA required
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits package