You are here
Growing education advocacy non-profit
About Our Client
Our client is a national education advocacy organization dedicated to ensuring that all children have access to a great school. Our client is poised to expand upon its position as one of the nation's foremost advocates for children.
- Monthly Closing - Manage the monthly closing which ensures all financial transactions are appropriately recorded and classified to produce accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- Accounts Payable - Manage Accounts Payable function for National Office and States using AnyBill, an automated bill pay service. Must optimize automation in processing while managing State and National vendor relationships and manage disbursements via check, wire and ACH. Assist with the development of systems, authorization procedures and policies to both establish and monitor adherence to company guidelines.
- Accounts Receivable - manage the daily cash receipts process and ensure proper recording of revenues and application of cash. Ensure donations are appropriately supported.
- Payroll - Manages the payroll process via ADP TotalSource to update employee records, pay employees, and record bi-weekly transactions in the general ledger. Also maintain an accounting of employee hours using the Harvest web-based time tracking system. Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Analysis - Prepares account analysis using critical thinking to monitor progress against budgets and appropriate of financial transactions and financial statements.
- Internal Control - Ensures effective system of internal control exist for all areas of responsibility. Internal control procedures include monthly account reconciliations, ongoing process design and improvements, monitoring for compliance with company and external policy and procedures and maintaining documentation of company policy and procedures. Balances all accounts by resolving discrepancies.
- Audit - Support the audit process by providing information to external accountants to meet information needs for the annual audit and tax filings.
- Other - Provide accounting assistance to Team Members and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs; and, assist with maintaining documentation and files to support financial transactions. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 7 to 10 years work experience in accounting at nonprofits and/or for profits entities
- BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting is REQUIRED
- CPA is a plus
- Well-developed analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience with intercompany transactions and accounting
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at all levels
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situations
- Personally exhibits a strong commitment to dependability and reliability with the ability to gain the confidence and respect of the customer base
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail oriented individual with ability to work independently in a fast paced environment that requires a work product that is highly accurate and timely
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of monthly closing and management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll transactions and internal control.
- Must be experienced in and able to demonstrate proficiency with computerized software applications that support the accounting process (general ledger, disbursements, receivables, payroll, and banking).
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint)
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience