You are here
Global Media Business based in New York
Seeking Accounting Manager for the film division
About Our Client
Our client is a new, but fast growing player, in the media network. Based at their Brooklyn, New York studios, this up and coming network has destroyed pre-conceived notions about what it takes to run a TV and multimedia network. Despite coming to air less than a decade ago, our client has made significant inroads to make real changes to what television looks like. In a world of cord cutting, our client has made themselves a staple in peoples lives. As they continue to grow (specifically in the 18-34 year old market) they are looking to establish themselves financially as well.
A brief description of the day to day responsiblities of the accounting manager:
- Assist in the creation and preparation of the annual budget submission.
- Track Deal Pipeline and submit detailed actual cost reports for production budgets along with weekly margin report and cash flow.
- Develop and maintain detailed travel tracking for productions linked to cost reports and overhead expenditure.
- Review overages for assigned productions and manage billings to ensure timely receipt of cash.
- Prepare journal entries for the assigned production and monitor production accruals.
- Post entries in the general ledger, and reconcile accounts monthly.
- Use the production accounting system to track all entries and train and assist the production teams to use the production system.
- Forecasting client receipts alongside management of client billings.
- Work alongside production on budget proposals providing guidance on profit share calculation & allocation of internal costs.
- Work on ad hoc projects when required.
- Work with team members coordinating monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and related analysis.
- Interpret contracts for financial information
The Successful Applicant
The accounting manager should have the basic qualifications:
- CPA qualified
- Big 4 Experience HIGHLY preferred
- MUST have experience with auditing a film company
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Movie Magic preferred
- Knowledge of film unions - SAG, WGA, DGA, etc.
What's on Offer
The accounting manager salary is based on experience