You are here
Seeking Accounting Manager - CPA required
Exciting opportunity to join a Consumer Goods Organization in Manhattan
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading Consumer Goods business based in Union Square. They offer a dynamic product which is highly desired in the market place. Known globally they are growing rapidly as the business is continuing to open more office throughout North America.
As the Accounting Manager you with report into the Controller. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Supervision of the accounting team on the day to day operations
- Work closely with the Controller to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with year-end audits.
- Preparation of the monthly bank reconciliation
- Take the lead on ad-hoc finance and accounting projects in a high-growth company.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Prepare all schedules and journal entries for the month including fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, A/R and A/P aging reconciliations
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
- Support of continuous improvements through automation, developing internal accounting controls and work processes
The Successful Applicant
- 4-8+ years' experience in a leadership capacity, including a top public accounting firm industry experience
- CPA highly preferred
- Experience in Consumer goods industry highly preferred
- Proficient with accounting systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
What's on Offer
Offering a competitive salary with bonuses. Our client also provides 401K, health care and a laptop for all employees to allow the opportunity to work from home.