You are here
Well Funded Technology Start Up
Seeking an Accounting Manager reporting into the Controller
About Our Client
Our client is a well funded start-up based in Midtown Manhattan near the Flatiron Building. They are easily accessible from any of the 5 boroughs or near suburbs. Less than 10 blocks from Penn Station, and 15 from Grand Central.
Our client recently went through Series C funding where they brought their invested total up to $50M.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of the Company's accounting close, financial statements and other disclosures.
- Prepare / manage preparation of the Company's statement of cash flows, including all related supporting documentation.
- Coordinate / review the staff's supporting workpapers for monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manage monthly certifications in support of the Company's financial statements.
- Act as primary liaison for external auditors for all areas of responsibility.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare analyses and accounting whitepapers as needed, including complex areas such as goodwill and intangible asset impairment assessments/testing.
- Participate in development and maintenance of the Company's accounting policies and Sarbanes-Oxley documentation.
- Supervise and mentor staff to develop their accounting and problem-solving skills.
- Manage or participate on special projects as needed.
- Career development/training.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or equivalent); CPA required.
- Speaks Mandarin, preferably
- ~3 years of progressive financial experience in Big 4 public accounting firm; required.
- ~3 years of experience with public company reporting; required.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP / SEC regulations and other relevant accounting and financial concepts.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and time management skills.
- Solid business acumen, ability to quickly learn and interact across functional teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
What's on Offer
Salary based on experience starting at $95,000