You are here
Timberline/ SAGE 300 Experience Necessary
CPA Highly Preferred
About Our Client
This company is seeking an expert user in Timberline/ SAGE 300 software with experience running the finances for a successful Construction Company. The Accounting Manager position is the perfect opportunity for a candidate that has helped a company deliver consistent double-digit year upon year growth. This position offers the opportunity to look after all the Project and General Accounting for the business directly with the President, as well as participating in an office culture that emphasizes collaboration and diversity.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the company's accounting systems, including the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll accounts.
- Ensuring that monthly financial statements and WIP's are prepared punctually and accurately.
- Reviewing the financial statements with the President monthly.
- Compiling workman's compensation hours and totals weekly, and for year-end audits.
- Preparing for an annual audit of general liability insurance, workman's compensation, and other insurance coverage.
- Reviewing reconciled bank statements and assisting the President in coordinating cash management services and overall banking relationships.
- Assessing the company's needs and evaluate the bank's response to those needs.
- In coordination with President, generating operating budgets and forecasts.
- Monitoring financial performance against the budgets on a monthly basis.
- Coordinating timely payments of all overhead expenses to help minimize late payments on any account.
- Maintaining and reconciling all accrual and prepaid accounts on a monthly basis.
- Developing and maintaining an accounting manual for corporate and project accounting.
- Acting as the primary contact for auditors, insurers & surety companies.
- Overseeing the Human Resources area, including payroll and employee benefits.
- Working with the Human Resources to establish and communicate human resource policies.
- Developing tax strategies and monitor the company's operations for compliance.
- Monitoring the accounts receivable collection process as well as the accounts payable compliance with regard to late payments and subcontractor contract requirements.
- Monitoring overall cash management process including liquidity requirements, investments, and accounts receivable and payable.
- Providing Senior Management and each project with cash flow analysis on a monthly basis.
- Attending "Review monthly cost reports" with Project Managers to offer analysis on monthly changes and identify any potential cost issues on each project.
- Assisting with the job close out process to make sure all billings are complete and accurate.
- Performing full-function job cost accounting
- Entering monthly subcontract invoices into Accounting System; Paying subcontract invoices when payment is received
- Tracking, in coordination with the Project Coordinator and Project Manager, supporting documents required for subcontractor payment (lien releases, insurance certificates, executed subcontract agreements); while withholding payments until subcontractors
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree.
- Accounting experience at a Construction Company Preferable.
- Software Experience in Timberline/SAGE 300 necessary - other Construction Software experience recommended.
- General Accounting and Project Accounting Experience Essential.
What's on Offer
The Accounting Manager will run the Accounting and Finance team for this General Contracting Company. Working directly with the President of the business the Financial Controller, they will also enjoy:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 401 K Plan
- Health Insurance