You are here
Leading Trading Firm Seeks Accounting Manager/Controller
Due to Growth, Global Organization Actively Seeking Accounting Professionals
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established, growing Financial Services organization. Known for a open-minded and diverse work environment, our client is filled with bright, hard-working professionals striving to exceed expectations.
Based in Greenwich, CT, our client has offices located throughout the country, including Texas, New York, California, Philadelphia, and St. Louis.
In this role, the Accounting Manager/Controller will be responsible for a wide range of functions, including the financial framework for the firm's assets. Specifically, one will handle the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the appropriate financial control framework are in place to operate and accurately report the financial condition of the organization in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), local GAAP and company policies
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions, such as: AP, AR, General Ledger, Fixed Asset Accounting
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and various audit schedules
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Ad-Hoc Projects
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a devoted, passionate professional with a solid background in accounting. The Accounting Manager/Controller should have an industry background in the Corporate/Energy/Manufacturing space. Additionally, one will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting and/or Finance)
- CPA preferred (or in-progress)
- 5+ years experience (Asset/Management Accounting)
- Experience in financial accounting, and experience in wide variety of general accounting functions, including maintaining general ledger, analyzing accounts, resolving discrepancies and financial reporting
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Proficiency with general ledger system
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to join a growing firm within a rapidly expanding industry. Offers elite training, ability to grow, and a competitive compensation package.