You are here
- Long Term Contract Position
- Retail experience a Plus
About Our Client
Our client is a global retail organization owning multiple widely respected retail chain brands. They are looking for an experienced manager to lead the accounting team of 4 on a long term contract.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the accounting department staff of four, overseeing financial controls and introducing solid accounting policies across the various parts of the organization.
- Develop, direct and maintain timely and accurate financial reports in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage and complete regular account reconciliations, as well as be responsible for the review of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Manage the monthly accounting close process in a timely and effective fashion while applying a continuous improvement approach.
- Maintain and improve the infrastructure of the accounting department, including the oversight of internal controls and a comprehensive balance sheet review to support the financial integrity of the organization.
- Materially participate in accounting software system conversions. Oversee the maintenance of General Ledger chart of accounts and maintain complex data bases.
- Assist in annual external audit and third party bank audits.
- Retail Sales and Use Experience.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA Preferred
- 5+ Years of Accounting and Controls Experience
- 5+ Years of supervisory experience.
- Microsoft Office products Proficiency. Advanced Excel skills.
- Functional Depth in Accounting and Information Systems
- Detail-oriented and Highly Organized
- Results focus and a Strong Sense of Ownership
- Preference given to individuals with software experience in Microsoft NAV, Thompson Reuters Sales Tax Software, Aptos.
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast past and changing work environment
What's on Offer
Competitive hourly rate.