You are here
Accounts Payable Specialist - Non-Profit
A growing Non-Profit located in Manhattan
Looking for an experianced individual with a strong background in AP
About Our Client
Well established Non-Profit Organization located in Midtown Manhattan. This organization helps provide immigrants and youth with the skills, confidence, and, to the degree possible, employment to acclimate to their social settings and succeed in their lives. Their goal is to develop inter generational programs which foster harmony and good will among individuals.
- Review and record all expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with the Finance Department Operations team to process payments (Checks, ACHs and Wires) in a timely and accurate manner. * Manage monthly outstanding check lists
- Handle all banking issues related to Accounts Payable (e.g. issue stop payments and voids for outstanding checks)
- Prepare and distribute 1099s.
- Maintain/organize an efficient filing system
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in Accounting or related field
- 2-5 years of accounting experience
- Experience in non-profit organizations
- Ability to maintain an on-line accounts payable database
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheet applications
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation with outstanding benefits and career growth opportunities.