You are here
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Experienced AP professional to join a rapidly expanding team
Previous experience in consumer goods in a requirement
About Our Client
Leading international fashion design houses and symbols of luxury world-wide. It designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including haute couture, accessories, jewelry, watches, eye wear, fragrances and home furnishings all bearing a distinctive logo.
- Manages AP. Includes, Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters for 3 ERP systems.
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and project accounting; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Enters status change information into project accounting software to ensure employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Selects and hires employees for the groups mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of accounting experience
- One or more years of leadership experience included
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
What's on Offer
401K with matching, health/dental/vision plan, competitive salary, multitude of corporate discounts, fair vacation and PTO options