You are here
Accounts Receivable Manager - Wine & Spirits
Opportunity to join an established Wine and Spirits Organization in SoHo
Previous A/R experience required, prefer consumer goods background
About Our Client
Internationally renown and publicly traded Wine and Spirits organization headquartered in SoHo. History of steady and organic growth in the market with no signs of slowing down. Offices are rich and luxurious and cater to the mission of the organization.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in Accounts Receivable department, including training new and exiting staff.
- Develops, implements, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving deadlines.
- Maintains A/R systems, reviews the aging, reconciles daily hotel receivables and reviews group master billings.
- Prepares month end journal entries and assists with A/R related accounts reconciliation.
- Develops and documents processes and procedures and ensures compliance with necessary controls.
- Supports Controller/CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Works closely with department managers and operating departments to ensure they have a thorough understanding of their expenses and general accounting procedures
- Supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Resolves issues and ensures resolution.
- Maintains strong communication with vendors and resolves any disputes and billing discrepancies.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting from accredited four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years of related experience in A/R and group billing
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated; ability to operate in a mentally and physically stressful situation.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and bonus potential, vacation and PTO plans. Great health benefits and also have a quarterly gratis award to spend towards company products.