You are here
Accounts Receivable Specialist
USD1 - USD2
Must have AR, Cash Applications & Collections Experience
Excellent work environment, competitive hourly rate
About Our Client
Our client is a large national consumer good company.
- Process full-cycle Accounts Receivable invoices for clients.
- Manage and contact clients regarding delinquent accounts and collection of payments schedules.
- Post daily bank deposits, lock box deposits, perform data input for all payments and adjustments
- Assist in the monthly close activities including reconciliations, year-end audit procedures.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years experience working in Accounts Receivable
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting software package experience or ERP system.
- 1-3 years experience in collecting B2B on delinquent client accounts
- Strong writing and communication skills
What's on Offer
contract to hire, competitive hourly rate, excellent environment