You are here
- Actuarial Analyst positon with Banking and Financial Services Insurance Firm
- Position is located in Midtown, Manhattan on an immediate hire basis
About Our Client
Banking and Financial Services Industry Insurance firm located in Midtown, Manhattan.
Actuarial Analyst's main responsibilities including but not limited too:
- Lead the production of the Schedule P and other reports and exhibits for GAAP and Statutory financials and work to redesign the process to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Complete all loss related items for rating agency questionnaires
- Analyze and respond to all inquiries from various outside sources including regulators, stock analysts and rating analysts
- Analyze data to assist determination of loss and expense reserve adequacy using actuarial techniques
- Evaluate the appropriate IBNR to be booked each quarter, prepare Sarbanes Oxley documentation.
- Conduct research, experience studies and other more complex actuarial analysis; develop, review, and analyze changes and improvements to actuarial procedures. Optimize processes to meet business needs.
- Work with IT systems personnel to design new reports and data requirements. Check data for accuracy.
- Communicate with underwriters, finance, claims, compliance, and legal departments.
- Complete projects independently with some supervision.
The Successful Applicant
Ideal Actuarial Analyst Candidate's profile will include:
* BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area.
* Successful completion of 5 or more actuarial exams.
* 3-5 years or more actuarial experience in property casualty insurance. Reserving experience preferred.
* Strong analytical, technical, time management and problem solving skills.
* Takes initiative on projects and assignments; seeks alternative solutions.
* Works well both independently and as part of a team.
* Proficiency in Excel, Access, VBA, or other related skills.
* Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
Market rate for Actuarial Analyst in Midtown, Manhattan area.