You are here
Aggregate Plant Maintenance Manager
Plant maintenance manager needed for large aggregate facility!
Ready-mix experience is preferred but not a must! OSHA, MSHA, TCEQ regulations!
About Our Client
Our client is an aggregate and ready mix concrete company based in Houston. The organization has been growing rapidly and focuses on other areas including asphalt paving, cement and construction. They are committed to creating value, providing access to growth, implementing best practices, and offering a safe place to work while striving to exceed our environmental and social responsibilities.
- Will take an active role in establishing a culture that supports safety. Ensures a safe work environment and compliance with all federal, state and company regulatory policies and procedures.
- Plan and direct the daily operations for maintenance personnel. Train and develop employees on maintenance practices.
- Effectively oversee the development and coordination of preventative and predictive maintenance programs for fixed plant equipment.
- Able to work with management to develop R&M forecasts and operating budgets to meet goals.
- Coordinate maintenance projects, service work, and repairs to ensure proper utilization and maintenance of all plant equipment so that costs and downtime are minimized and all equipment is available when needed.
- Conducts MSHA pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work areas.
- Maximizes performance of stationary equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis.
- Ensures utilization of company processes for reporting, monitoring and tracking of production and maintenance activities.
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment and repair to processing equipment.
- Assist in spare parts inventory control.
- Ensure that outside contractors performing work on site have provided required insurance certification & safety requirements before work begins.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in engineering or management operations. 2 to 5 years of management experience, as well as familiarity with production, equipment, maintenance or quality control. Proficient knowledge of MSHA safety requirements.
Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Office products and some ability to adapt to other computer software.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary