You are here
AML Data Analytics Associate
Top Tier Boutique Financial Services Firm
Unique opportunity with great opportunity for growth
About Our Client
The organization I am working with are a specialist financial services company who are a key player in the market and are very highly thought of.
The position is very much an Analytics focused role and the successful candidate will have a large focus on Data Analysis and Data Mining, which will form a key part of the role.
The successful AML Data Analytics Associate will be also responsible for:
- Database administration
- Responsible for the COAT application for third party funds, sight check names and addresses, determine status, and provide feedback, as needed. Coordinate with Relationship Management, Risk Management, and Operations, on an as needed basis, to maintain the integrity of the COAT application database.
- Provide data analysis and develop reports. Maintain existing reports and streamline/optimize to reduce error rates and improve overall accuracy.
- Create control measures to improve data integrity and security of frequently used reports.
- Conduct OFAC and AML investigations; update sanctions screening lists; manage the bi-weekly 314(a) FinCEN process.
- Complete various internal reports and escalate findings, as needed, to senior management.
- Conduct KYC due diligence, data mining and research as directed by more senior members of the Compliance team, as needed.
- Prepare analysis in exercising professional discretion.
- Respond to customer requests and inquiries related to the submission of new third party funds.
- Records Information Management / Relationship Management
- Obtain annual AML documentation and required Compliance Questionnaires from members; track status of outstanding requests, respond to member inquiries, liaise with Relationship Management, and report results to senior management.
The Successful Applicant
The AML Data Analytics Associate candidate should have the following profile:
- 1-2 Years of experience in financial services.
Bachelor's Degree, Baccalaureate, GCE, or equivalent.
Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and its functions is essential, specifically, data mining, data import/export, working with delimited files, models and macros.
Visual Basic for Excel.
- Familiarity with KYC/AML/OFAC Compliance and Business Intelligence/Data Analytics Software.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), or willing to pass the exam within six months of hire.
Qualifications / Certifications
- Experience working with FX, payments, correspondent banking, equity or derivatives business would be advantageous.
Compliance experience and a CAMS certification are a plus.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Exposure to mutual funds, hedge funds, pension funds or other money pools is helpful.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products including strong understanding of Excel (Macros & Pivot Tables)
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary + bonus + benefits