You are here
AML Investigator - New York
- Seeking AML professionals to join team in New York
- Will be working on-site at a global financial institution
About Our Client
This client is a world-renowned foreign bank located in Manhattan, New York.
The AML Investigator will be joining a pre-existing team of consultants in Manhattan, who are responsible for reviewing transactions, identifying suspicious activity, and escalating cases for further review. These individuals must have a solid understanding of AML and counter terrorist financing, as the work flow is all transaction monitoring based. Furthermore, strong writing skills are imperative, as responsibilities include fully dispositioning alerts and cases. Additional responsibilities include:
- Conducting enhanced due diligence (EDD) investigations in support of policies and procedures.
- Providing coverage for AML compliance monitoring, CIP, KYC and OFAC.
- Drafting and completing comprehensive summaries of findings detailing reasons for escalation.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications for AML Investigator:
- AML experience specifically in conducting transaction monitoring
- Ability to perform due diligence and negative news searches using Lexis Nexis, World
Check, Dow Jones, Google and so on
- Familiar with red flags of wire transfers
- CAMS certification preferred
- Hard working attitude
- 1-5 years of Compliance related experience
- Strong experience in AML transaction monitoring
- Knowledgeable of Banking, USA Patriot Act, BSA requirements and other regulatory trends
- Proficient in reviewing and clearing AML surveillance alerts
- Experienced in conducting enhanced due diligence
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines quickly, but in a team setting
What's on Offer
Competitive hourly rate based on experience and benefits offered through Michael Page.