You are here
Application Engineer - Automation
Global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision
Opportunity for career advancement in this customer facing role
About Our Client
Our client for the Application Engineer opportunity is with a global manufacturer and leader of industrial automation solutions. Close to $700 million cash in the bank and zero debt, this organization is able to consistently invest in R&D and Innovation to remain a leader in the industry. Highly collaborative company culture and strong sales environment.
The Application Engineer conducts pre-sales feasibility studies, customer presentations, and on-site trials, as well as post-sales installation support and training. The App Engineer determines the right combination of vision or ID hardware, lighting, optics, and programming and demonstrates an optimum solution. A Senior Application Engineer works on the higher-profile and more challenging sales opportunities.
- Use CRM (SalesBook) for all aspects of the sales support process
- Timely and efficient completion of pre-sales evaluations:Gather specifications/samples, determine optimal hardware and software configuration, test/verify solution.
- Install trial systems to demonstrate to customers that the company's equipment works as expected.
- Serve as the product expert. Respond to technical questions from customers and salespeople.
- Support technical seminars and trade shows
- Provide product feedback to AE Manager and Business Units
- Perform on-site post-sales installation support and training as necessary
- Complement the Logistics Service group as a local installation resource
- Timely and accurate expense reporting and trip documentation
- Continuous improvement of competencies in Skills Matrix.
- Serve as mentor for new AE's, helping them learn the company's products and better perform essential AE functions
- The Senior AE is involved in higher-profile and more challenging sales opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Strong presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sensitive to sales cycle and able to handle challenging customer situations.
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and industrial automation systems.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Windows applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time - should be willing to travel on short notice.
Minimum Education And Work Experience Required
- B.S. degree, preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in related Sales Support functions.
- MUST HAVE experience working directly with customer
- Knowledge of optics and lighting for machine vision is required.
- Working knowledge of PLC's and factory automation is required.
- .NET (C#) programming experience is desired.
What's on Offer
Strong base salary, bonus, benefits, 401K, vacation