You are here
Area Sales Manager (Chicago)
Leading provider of software with a strong global presence in over 40 countries
90% of Fortune 100 companies utilize their widely known flagship solution
About Our Client
Our client is a privately held firm with a presence in over 40 countries. They are widely known across the globe for their unique solutions and the industry's best customer service including free and unlimited technical support as well as an outstanding training program. Although their customers come in all sizes and represent all industries, more than 90% of Fortune 100 organizations utilize our client's software.
The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for:
- Develop and expand the company's presence within a specific Region, identified and assigned by the Director, Sales and Marketing - Americas or other executives.
- Work closely with Sales and the Product Development teams to assess the customer needs, identify adaptations of products to meet those needs and identify future business.
- Contribute and execute sales plans for assigned territory and meet and exceed sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities in new and existing accounts.
- Receive prospect and customer communications and provide timely and appropriate responses with intent to close sales.
- Maintain strong knowledge of software features and development to communicate those identified development needs.
- Maintain product knowledge including licensing options and services to encourage a successful sale.
- Identify potential customers and follow up on recommendations from current clients.
- Stay current with industry news and research.
- Prepare and deliver presentations (tradeshows, site visits, online, etc.) that propose solutions offered by the company
- Understand and actively maintain customer information in relevant systems and databases.
- Work with applicable teams to understand and report on opportunities for both sales and marketing in defined area(s).
- Provide input to VP, Global Sales to assist in raising awareness of the company and its products.
- Create contract documents using appropriate contract management software.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of the commercial sales cycle and applicable process knowledge.
- Maintain a physical office best suited to conduct the geographical business of the assigned region.
- Perform other duties and carry out additional assignments and responsibilities as new developments occur, or as needed to support the sales effort.
The Successful Applicant
The Ideal Area Sales Manager will have:
- Bachelor's degree in related field; or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of direct and channel sales experience in the services sector; business-to-business sales is required
- Demonstrated sales expertise in a technically-based business-to-business setting, with experience and ability to increase market share through new customer acquisitions.
- Demonstrated experience in building new partner relationships.
- Working knowledge of our Products and Services, knowledge of Six Sigma Methodology required.
- Experience in the big data market is highly desirable.
- Quantitative orientation with computer product knowledge and experience using a variety of software applications.
- Demonstrated experience in prioritizing and handling multiple tasks with accuracy, proficiency with minimal supervision.
- Ability to project a confident and professional manner over the phone and in person.
- Self-motivated, results driven and experience with working to and achieving defined sales quotas.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various customer sites and tradeshows on a requisite basis. Extensive nationwide travel is expected.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language. Foreign language skills are a plus.
What's on Offer
Our client offers an exceptional collection of benefits, and are committed to integrity, mutual respect, good humor, teamwork, and a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Competitive compensation package
- Guaranteed bonus for the 1st year
- Full benefits- 100% paid for
- 401k + match
- Strong PTO - Work life balance is important!