You are here
Area Sales Manager
Reputable company with amazing training program
Fast track career path laid out from day one
About Our Client
In 1972, three Penn State professors created a Statistical Software to more easily teach their students statistics. The application performed the calculations, and allowed students to focus on learning the concepts and what they can reveal about the world. The software was rapidly adopted by other schools and revolutionized the way people teach and conduct data analysis.
Today, my client continues to facilitate discovery and transformation. Thousands of businesses use my client's Statistical Software, Qeystone, Quality Companion, and Quality Trainer to uncover flaws in their processes and improve them. And educators in more than 4,000 colleges and universities use their Statistical Software to teach their students the power of data analysis.
My client is also widely known for providing the industry's best customer service, including outstanding training and free, unlimited technical support.
Achieve and exceed sales goal as defined by the Director, Sales and Marketing - Americas to support Minitab's business objectives.
Contribute and execute territory sales plans for assigned geographic territory and then meet and exceed sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities in new and existing accounts.
Create and perform comprehensive sales presentations of all products at trade-shows, one on one site visits as well as using online live presentation software.
Receive prospect and customer communications via email, fax, direct telephone contact, automated lead generation, and from Lead and Account Managers. Provide timely and appropriate responses with intent to close sales.
Conduct investigations to identify potential new customers and business opportunities for products and services. Establish proactive customer engagements.
Develop and build relationships with new and existing customers to ensure revenue goals and sustainable growth.
Identify customer needs and provide information about products, licensing options and services to encourage a successful sale.
Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a pipeline of sales prospects. Keep pipeline current and moving to close a sale. While recording all activities in sales CRM.
Understand competitive environment and effectively position solutions.
Act as the sales liaison in customer licensing negotiations. Create contract documents using appropriate contract management software.
Demonstrate complete knowledge of the commercial sales cycle and applicable process knowledge.
The Successful Applicant
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field; or equivalent work experience.
- At least 6 years of direct sales experience; business-to-business sales is required
- Demonstrated sales expertise in a technically-based business-to-business setting.
- Working knowledge of Products and Services Knowledge of Six Sigma Methodology required.
- Quantitative orientation with computer product knowledge and experience using a variety of software applications.
- Demonstrated experience in prioritizing and handling multiple tasks with accuracy, proficiency with minimal supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to project a confident and professional manner over the phone and in person.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various customer sites and trade-shows on a requisite basis. (Expected travel 20-40%)
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work normal business hours relative to your sales territory.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language. Foreign language skills are a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary + commission structure
401(k) + Health-care benefits
Flexible work schedule
only report to the office 1-3 times per month
Ability to be a decision maker and build your own business