You are here
Assistant Controller - Community Bank
New York, NY
High Potential for Growth
About Our Client
Our client, a growing Community Bank, is looking to add an Assistant Controller to their finance group.
- Monitor daily/monthly liquidity and assist CFO
- Assist with month-end closing, accruals, prepaid assets and fixed assets. Assist with year-end financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly Call Report
- Preparation of FR2900 weekly report.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital/fixed assets.
- Prepares financial reports on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for internal use and external reporting to regulators and shareholders.
- Supports the internal and external auditors in their review of the Bank's financial statement and GL information and processes.
- Responsible for preparation of quarterly Call Report
- Interfaces with divisional and departmental level managers to ensure the proper recording of transactions and to determine necessary adjustments to balances and accruals.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree or higher (B. A. or M.B.A.) from four-year college or graduate level university with specialization in Accounting and/or Finance related programs;
5 plus years of experience in accounting/finance role in a financial services firm/commercial bank.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits